The tomato, the star vegetable of the summer! We have a nice pie recipe for you, with some special Diabeloop tips 😉
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- Herbs of Provence
- Prick the dough with a fork, then pre-cook it for 5 min at 450°F.
- In the meantime, cut the tomatoes into slices. Diabeloop Tip: to prevent the tomatoes from soaking into the dough, sprinkle them with salt and leave them to drain for 20 minutes.
- Take the pre-baked dough out of the oven. Brush the bottom with mustard. Put enough mustard so that the bottom doesn’t show any more. Diabeloop tip: mustard loses its taste when baked. For a stronger taste, use stronger mustard.
- Arrange the tomato slices in several layers and sprinkle with Provençal herbs.
- Bake for 20 min at 450°F, then cover with aluminium foil for a further 20 min. After these 20 min, remove the foil and leave to cook for another 5 min with the oven door open.