Banana bread are very trendy lately. So here’s a low GI version for you all to enjoy!
Ingredients for 1 cake or 10-12 individual muffins
Wet mix :
- 1 banana, not too ripe (otherwise the Glycemic Index will be higher)
- 1 tablespoon almond puree (or vegetable oil)
- 0.6 cup of water
- 1 egg
Dry mix :
- 125 g almond powder
- 25 g crystallized Stevia powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 356°F.
- In the 1st bowl: mash the banana with a fork then add and mix the ingredients in this order: egg, almond purée and water.
- In the 2nd bowl: mix all the ingredients of the dry mix.
- Pour the wet mix over the dry mix, whisk for 2 minutes.
- Pour into individual muffin tins (or into a cake tin if you prefer).
- Bake for 30 minutes (increase this time if you have opted for a large cake tin, and check the baking time with the tip of a knife, which will come out dry when the cake is baked).
Bon appétit !