The sunny days are coming back, and with them: picnics! We found you a great recipe of low GI falafels to enjoy in the sun.
Ingredients (For 8 Falafels)
- 1 medium cauliflower head
- 65g ground slivered almonds
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- First chop up the florets from the cauliflower head with a knife, then add them to a blender and pulse until it’s blended but still has a grainy texture.
- Grind the almonds in a similar manner, so as to still have some texture.
- Combine the ground cauliflower and ground almonds in a bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Heat some oil until sizzling. While it’s heating, form the mix into 8 three-inch patties that are about the thickness of a hockey puck.
- Fry them until browned on one side and then flip and cook the other side. Don’t flip too soon! You should see the edges turning brown before you attempt it – maybe 4 minutes or so per side. Put the falafels on paper towels to drain excess oil.
Bon appétit !