Have your heard of “chaffles”? Combining “cheese” and “waffle”, chaffles are a new trend, plus they have a lower glycemic index than classic waffles!
Ingredients For 2 Waffles
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of grated mozzarella
- 1 heaped tablespoon of almond flour
- Cracked black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Spices of your choice
- 2 generous tablespoons of grated cheddar (to place directly onto the waffle-maker to make the waffle crisp on the outside)
- Mix all ingredients together apart from the grated cheddar, until you get an evenly mixed batter.
- Put the batter into your waffle-maker, then add the cheddar on top and leave to cook.